Now Trending

INTERVIEW: Roqzen talks "WOSO", Gumption Music, Wax Dey, his admiration for Daphne and much more. Check this out !

What's up fellow readers, it's been a while. This is my 200th post on the blog and i am really excited, so i decided to treat y'all with something special.
Last week Cameroonian rapper ROQZEN dropped his debut single/video entitled "WOSO" produced by Method J and directed by Dr. Nkeng Stephens. I recently had a tête-à-tête interview with him and he had some really interesting stuff to talk about. Sit back, relax and enjoy the interview.

Smarty: Hey Roqzen, how are you doing bro?

ROQZEN: I am doing great Smarty. Really glad i could do this interview with you. How are you doing?

Smarty: I am very well, Thank you. What does "Woso" mean and what message are you conveying in the song ?

ROQZEN: Good question. "Woso"  means "you and i" and the message i'm conveying in the song is  how we can work together to achieve anything. 

Smarty: I love that. The song was already previewed in a video where in Wax Dey and Nigerian rapper MI were listening to it about two years back. MI even endorsed the song and we were expecting a release back then. If i may ask, what was the reason behind the delay of the official release ?

ROQZEN: About the delay, so many things were involved. I guess trying to figure out the right person that could handle my project well was time consuming. There were also failures from the person who wanted to work with me. Wax Dey at the time had too many projects at hand that slowed me down some how. However, i appreciate all he had done for me so far.
Smarty: You're now under Gumption Music right? Are you the only artist under the label and are you confident that they'll be able to handle your career diligently to the level where you ought to have been by now?

ROQZENYeah i'm with Gumption Music and i am the only artist. As concerns my confidence in them, i will say this: Success is a gradual process, especially in an industry such as this one. You never know which song the crowd will accept from you in dis complicated industry men. However, working with Gumption music means everything to me and with them i will be where i wish to be.

Smarty: What has been the reaction of fans and friends from the release of  "Woso" so far and what future projects do you have in store for us (i am also a fan lol) 

ROQZEN: Hahahaha Smarty ... Mad love from fans menn. I've got so many amazing songs for my fans. Method J, my producer can testify because he produced most of my work and still produces for me till date. I also have plans of collaborating with other great artists in Cameroon as well.
Smarty: Nice !!! Talking about other Cameroonian artists, what is your relationship with them like? 

ROQZEN: So far, so good. I have met a couple of them and all i saw was good people and i respect them so much for that including their art as well. I'm also looking forward to working with most of them: Salatiel, Mr Leo ... in fact the entire AlphaBetter family, Daphne, Blanche Bailley, Stanis, Locko, Tenor, Stanley Enow and most importantly Jovi though i've never met him before.

Smarty: I have a fun question tho hihihihihihi. Celebrity Crush: Daphne, Blanche Bailley or Ewube ?

ROQZEN: Daphne mennnn ... 🤦‍♂🤦‍♂ Any day, anytime, any planet even for my next world ohh.
Smarty: Hahahahahahahaha Kaiiii ... Roqzen Bye massa lol. Thank you so much for according me this interview and i wish you all the best in your career. Don't forget me when you blow oh ??

ROQZEN
: Hahahahaha Smarty you're not serious. Thanks ma Gee and the pleasure was all mine.


There you have it guys, the interview is over. Roqzen is a fun filled, down to earth individual. Follow him on his social media accounts listen below, keep watching and sharing "WOSO" video and stay tuned for more exciting stuff, here on Smarty's Blog.


Facebook: Roqzen Finila
Instagram: @roqzenfinila
Twitter: @roqzenfinila

No comments